Our Values. Our Vision
Not only are we passionate about the delivery of a varied programme of informative walks, the offer of a delicious selection of merchandise including our unique ‘Yorky Grit’ – The Polite Tourist Limited is committed to reducing the impact that we have on the environment and the development of valuable relationships with local businesses.
Our Environmental Policy is defined in two key areas: Relationship and Impact.
- At The Polite Tourist we are working with our local businesses wherever possible in the supply and delivery of our merchandise.
- With the ‘ChocBox Angel’ pin created in Harrogate, publicity material printed here in the City of York and our ‘grit’ locally sourced – we are ensuring our continued support for local business.
- As a small business we aim to be transparent about our costs and although no profit is derived from the delivery of our products to our customers – we work hard to find transport solutions that will ease the impact we have on the environment.
- The Polite Tourist is committed to the use of recycled paper and packaging materials.
- We are working to ensure that all of our products and packaging will be plastic free.
- In addition, and in support of the City of York Council’s delivery of sustainable transport – The Polite Tourist will continue to encourage those who attend our walking tours in York to take advantage of the city’s transport initiatives including rail travel, electric bus fleets and Park & Ride.
Last Updated: March 2023