Our Conditions of Sale Policy
By purchasing from Death in a Chocolate Box Limited (“company”, “we,” “us” or “our”) you (“the customer”) accept our Terms and Conditions of Sale as follows.
Website (“Site”) Orders from the ‘ChocBox Emporium’:
When you place an order on our Site – the following information will be collected:
- Your name
- Your e-mail address
- Your telephone number,
- Your company – if applicable
- Your delivery and billing address
- Your comments – if applicable
Without this information, we will not be able to process your order.
An email confirmation is confirmation that we have received your order and/or payment.
It is not an acceptance of your order and we retain the right to contact you and issue a full refund in the event of complications with your order; including, but not limited to, incorrect pricing, stock availability and delivery charges.
A contact telephone number is required so that we may reach you if there is a problem with your order.
If your order includes a physical product from our ‘ChocBox’ Emporium, we may contact you by telephone if your order requires a delivery quote.
We may, unless you advise us otherwise, pass this information to our couriers or other agents in case they need to contact you to arrange the processing or delivery of your order.
We may not be able to fulfill your order due to the following reason(s):
- The product you ordered being out of stock
- Your payment has been declined
If there are any problems with your order, we will contact you by telephone and/or by email.
We reserve the right to reject any offer of purchase by you at any time.
Once your order has been dispatched and delivered, the completion of the contract between Death in a Chocolate Box Limited (“company”, “we,” “us” or “our”) and you (“the customer”) takes place.
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure but, in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Site.
Our Cancellation of Contract Policy:
Please note that you are entitled to cancel this contract if you so wish, provided you exercise your right no longer than 14 working days after the day on which you receive the products.
If you wish to exercise your right to cancel this contract prior to the dispatch of your order, please contact us by email to email@example.com.
Exceptions to our Cancellation of Contract Policy are as follows:
- Our ‘ChocBox’ Gift Vouchers
If your order has already been dispatched, please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Returns Policy.
Our Conditions of Returns Policy:
At Death in a Chocolate Box Limited we want you to be thrilled with your order but understand you may want to return an item. Our terms and conditions for returns are stated as follows:
- Unwanted items must be returned within 14 working days of receipt to qualify for a refund.
- We are unable to exchange unwanted items with a different item.
- You are responsible for covering the cost of returning an unwanted item.
- If you believe an item is faulty, please contact us by telephone 44 (0) 7485 216628 or email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action.
- Please ensure all items are packaged securely and sufficiently to withstand the delivery journey. Failure to do so may leave Death in a Chocolate Box Limited unable to refund you.
- We recommend that you return goods using an insured, registered delivery service and keep the receipt. We are unable to accept liability for goods lost or damaged in transit back to us.
- Please take care to fully inspect items upon delivery to ensure you are happy with them before disposing of packaging. Failure to do so may leave Death in a Chocolate Box Limited unable to refund you.
- For damaged items please keep all original packaging. You must notify Death in a Chocolate Box limited of any loss or damage giving rise to a claim within 7 days of the date of dispatch. Photo evidence must be provided clearly showing the outer shipping container and shipping label. Failure to do so may leave Death in a Chocolate Box Limited unable to refund you.
- In the event of a claim for damage for a domestic consignment, you must ensure that the consignment and its packaging are held for inspection.
- Death in a Chocolate Box Limited cannot be responsible for interest charges made by your credit card company whilst waiting for returns to be refunded to your card.
The Exceptions to our Terms and Conditions of Returns Policy are as follows:
- Our ‘ChocBox’ Gift Vouchers
Our Delivery and Returns Policy:
As a small business we aim to be transparent about our costs and no profit is derived from the delivery of our products to you as our customer.
We work hard to find the best delivery service for the product(s) we sell and our charges are based on the weight and size of the items ordered.
We deliver within UK mainland and overseas.
The delivery charges are shown in the shopping basket.
Our Returns Policy:
We want you to be thrilled with every item you receive, but we understand that there are occasions you may want to return an item.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition within 14 days for a full refund, excluding original delivery fees.
Exceptions to our Returns Policy are as follows:
- Our ‘ChocBox’ Gift Vouchers
If you’d like to return an unwanted item ordered online please telephone us on 44 (0) 7485 216628 or email to email@example.com
You are responsible for covering the cost of returning items to us.
Please take care to keep all packaging until you are happy with the product as we can only accept returns with the original packaging.
Our Faulty Items Policy:
If you believe your item to be faulty, please contact us immediately by telephone 44 (0) 7485 216628 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will offer advice and assist in the process of arranging a return or a replacement.
Please DO NOT attempt to assemble or fix an item yourself or via a third party as this will affect your entitlement to a refund, compensation or reimbursement.
We ask that you do not return a faulty item to us without prior contact.
If our product is agreed to be faulty or defective, you will not be responsible for the cost of the return postage.
We welcome your comments and any questions concerning the Conditions of Sale Policy on this Site can be directed to – Death in a Chocolate Box Limited.
Last Updated: June 2021